Steering & Suspension
When was the last time you thought about your suspension system? It probably wasn’t recently. The truth is, we get it. Most drivers don’t pay any attention to their vehicle’s steering and suspension system until it isn’t working properly and you are dealing with a less than smooth ride. That being said, your steering and suspension system are actually crucial to the overall handling of your vehicle and are subject to the same wear and tear as the other systems in your vehicle. That is why it is important to have them serviced and repaired by an expert mechanic at the first sign of trouble. Mueller’s Auto is the leading suspension expert in Pueblo, CO and our professional mechanics are here to help.
What is the Steering & Suspension System?
Suspension systems do vary parts wise through different vehicle makes and models. However, most suspension systems include the following components.
- Ball Joints
- Shock Absorbers
- Tie Rod Ends
- Control Arms
- Idler Arm
- Piman Arm
- Steering Gear Box
Anytime one of these components is worn, loose, or compromised it can affect the stability of your entire vehicle.
Signs of Suspension Trouble
The best way to prevent suspension trouble is through regular maintenance and inspections. But there are times when your suspension system will need to be repaired by an expert mechanic like Mueller’s Auto and knowing the signs of suspension trouble could help you catch a minor issue before it becomes a major problem. Some of the things to look for include:
- New noises including clinking coming from your front end
- Pulling to the left or right when you are steering straight
- Uneven or abnormal tread wear on your tires
- A vibrating steering wheel
- A bouncier ride than normal
- Increased resistance or difficulty steering
Steering & Suspension Maintenance
You shouldn’t wait for the signs of trouble to start thinking about your steering and suspension system. At Mueller’s Auto awe recommend preventative maintenance for your suspension system much like you would do for the other major systems in your vehicle. Suspension service can help prevent major damage and costly repairs down the road. Some of the suspension maintenance services we recommend include:
- Regular inspections of your shocks and/pr struts for damage or accelerated wear.
- Have your wheels aligned and rotated according to recommended guidelines
- Check and adjust your tire pressure on a regular basis
- Be mindful of your vehicle’s handling and drivability at all times.
For suspension repair in Pueblo, CO, Mueller’s Auto is the most trusted mechanic in the area. Call us today to schedule your next service or repair appointment.